Sunday 18 August 2013

Physics

Physics Association 2013
This year you have ideally named it FERVESCO - and some of you told me that it is from Latin - Could be! My google search revealed its meaning as 'I grow hot or I begin to boil' - take that in a spiritual sense, it befits Physics Community - especially with its Malayalam translation as ഊർജതന്ത്രം (science of energy)!

In Indian tradition, we had a very spiritual concept suiting this usage - തപസ്സ്! With this (heat being generated by austerity of the devotee/disciple) the gods were made restless, and they could cool themselves down, only by stopping this heating process through granting of the required boons. That is miracle work or hard work!

Being learners, we are called to perform tapas, and thus generate energy that will propel our lives towards goodness.

This is an era of innovation - and innovation is what makes life exciting, and easier! God the source of all energy and inspiration of all good, is a constant innovator, as goes the claim in the Holy Scripture - 'Every day my love is new', and 'I make all things new'.  As potential innovators, I present before you,
Tapas, as the Indian innovation for generating knowledge and producing good. I hope this year, the association activities will focus on innovation through research and projects (individual and/or collective), and there will be much good being wrought on the campus and in the community around.

Remembering your innovative enterprises like IMPETUS, and with the great team of servant leaders as faculty members around, I am sure you will succeed. Have a great year ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment