Tuesday 26 September 2023

Being Jesus Family (Lk 8:19-21)

Lk 8:19-21

Jesus has simply expanded the borders of his family making it very inclusive, and with a possibility for anyone or everyone to be his family. 

Are you seeking the will of God and are you doing the will of God? If yes, you are his family. 

But the tougher task is to know for sure what God's will for me is - here and now. 

We can only pray with St. Teresa of Avila: 

Lord, if I am thine, and thine only, what is thy will with me? 

This calls for 'discernment' which is attributed to the Spirit of Jesus. 

It is with such discernment and fulfilling the same, that we become glad and confident with the Psalmist to say, "I rejoiced when I heard them say: Let us go to God's house" (Ps 121:1). It can be both our final going to our final destination which is God's presence - celebrating the end of our limiting circumstances.  It can also be our visits to the typical God's house on earth, built by humans - perhaps, it is sung in the context of the people of God eagerly going to the temple of God in Jerusalem! I go there with the gladness of having discerned and fulfilled God's will; I also go there, with gladness, that in spite of my failures, I have assurance of grace in that presence. 

Lord Jesus, fill us with your spirit that we may discern God's will, and do that always and everywhere, thus be your family - your mother, your brother, your sister. 

Thank you for the possibility of giving birth to you daily, re-presenting you again and again, by merely seeking your Father's will! But, only if you would reveal that to me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment