Thursday 29 September 2022

Hiking Heart-Zones with Haiku

Mary Magdalene - July 26, 2022

Clinging not to memories 
Mary flew mesmerising skies 
Grazing  boundless green pastures!


Rain in the Desert - July 28, 2022

Where rare the roar of rain
Desert we define
We had pined for it to rain
Then we forgot that it could ever rain

But then it came thru darkn'd clouds
Drowning desert in torrents of floods
But, it soaks in pining pain
Reviving gaia in new green sheen

Ignatius - July 31, 2022

A query set afire Ignatius
A fiery spirit ignited
A dreary world steered clear n' conscious
To hear the voice of one's conscience.

Eternity
With awe behold aI
The great souls with whom I vie
To scale their realms high

I yearn for eternity
Long for people to hold me in memory
But find only futility

I yearn to learn n' learn
Then churn out works for all to learn
That I am there with them long aft I'm gone

Or to  thus go - tathagata
As did my Master go
By doing good to all as I go.

Desert
In the urban desert
I live deserted
I feel deserted

I feel I am not wanted
I feel I am avoided
Fear my days go unrewarded.

Never did I have
So much time at hand
But unable to make things happen

Recall I models of old
Who sought deserts hot and cold
In them grew steadily bold
In pleasure before mighty God.

Though in silence did they go
Their lives did rays of hope show
For many to thrive and grow

And in desert Lord let me bloom
As a father for those in gloom
That desert may like garden bloom!!


SMALL ME
At least, on turns
Did I feel I was big
But as it turns out to be
I find myself a prig

Thought I will grow up
And be a world leader
Compared those in power
And thot myself better

But as things did turn
I saw people around
Stars in their domain
Leading teams big n' small

And I find myself 
In my cocoon of self esteem
With hardly anything 
To be proud of ...

August 6, Transfiguration
From my banal smallness 
How I long to be
Transfigured  in greatness
On the mountain peak

In my heart of hearts
I  pine to grow to heights
To write great books
To rule the Church in 'service'
To conquer heights and hearts

At times to write big books
At times to found big institutions
At times to rule the church or others
But then I find the contradiction
Of desiring to be great
And the shortcut Jesus wrote
Of being small, to grow big

But, kaash! if I could only
Set aside these desires
And to follow Jesus solely
Be my heart's desire!

And as on that mount
May I too be ever found
Into the Lord transformed
An' to be there feel good. 

Smiles ... as she thus went by Aug. 12, 2022
She was a long smile
A smile lasting a mile
And in that vanished all wile
As she spread it awhile

Walked she with a smile
Fought she with a smile
And went she with a smile
As I weep over her I smile

How I miss her winning style
How, recalling, she wins over,  while
I am upset by my bile
Alive in me as I forge ahead all smiles

Watch I prayers go up in a pile*
To gods of all hues and smiles  
For victory over all viles
I too can't help a smile!
Though I still weep over her smile!
(After Ananya's - Mrunal Thakur - smile in Toofan;  *prayers by the well-wishers belonging to various religions, typical Bollywood religious amity)


DEATH CELEBRATING LIFE

SHE departs in peace
Sparking a series in peace
Ties gone to pieces now are back in terms of peace
Citizens far and near queue in peace

Peace peace peace

In Wales and England peace
With Scots and Ireland peace
Near and far, in islands peace
In assemblies across the lands peace

Yes she passes in peace
A separation that ties
A parting that unites
And life in death to possess

A somber show but so solemn
And pride in this submission
Young n' old in discipline
Cherishing a moment in memoriam

In state she lies
And behind her the state lies
Putting an end to all lies
In peace her soul flies

Peace peace peace!

 

Sep. 29, 2022 
Turning 2 minus sixty
I still much feel like thirty
Though my legs tend acting thrifty
My heart still pumps blood mighty 

A new year in the desert
Tho Left deserted almost 
I feel equipped to assert
To make life green in desert

Built-in Thermometer
I observe a thermometer 
It works within my body
When change knocks d' door of weather
It turns a note in throat so sour.

I do sense the thermometer
It works all around me
And when on me fall sprays of shower
It alerts me, boy it's summer!

I get alerted by a thermometer
It is coiled inside me
And churns my tummy in torture
And boy, I know its colder, winter!

Oh great this solid matter
A gift of great creator
Who blesses us with senses
To play in tune with nature!

THE BRAVE NEW GREEN WORLD - AS THE FIRE BLAZES BY 
As the fire of the pyre
Consumes the green fighter
In that small patch all clear
In her forest ever so dear*

As the guzzlers go aroar 
In the urban concrete grown  crude
As boom-zoom goes the fire
When guns and tanks groan rude^ 

A blazing fiery summer
In Spain, n' plains Californian n' Ryazan 
Amazonian evergreens afire
And France n' England can only complain

And yet that white fat west 
In tonnes CO2 breathes out
And in the assemblies wealthiest 
Breathes fire of pending dooms out**

And in gratuitous floods^^  of their piling wealth
A Bangla, Pak or Lanka, bereft of their health
A Philippinas,Venezuela, Sudan or Somalia in embrace of death
Providentially  submerging the scum of the earth

Thumbs up for a sustainable and clean, white planet 
With no more South and East
But only North and West
And Pax Occidens, with still lots to eat!+
Ah, a brave new world, indeed!++

(*Meena Menon the Solo Eco Warrior of Kerala, whose pyre was lit in the clearance of her homestead converted into a forest
^ Wars all around, especially Ukraine; ^^ floods of 2022
**Shared global responsibility
+Sustainability with the easily expendable global south
++Aldous Huxley)


TICK TICK TICK THE WATER BOMB TICKS
Tick tick tick does 
the water bomb tick
But busy world runs
as booming bombs click


Kick kick kick the leaders gone sick
With pointing fingers
And acrimonious accusations
It's just noise sans sense 

When Putin is busy 
And Biden is fussy
The world goes to dogs
And lives go to hogs!

പൂവെന്തിന് പറിക്കണം? 



No . No . തലയിളക്കികൊണ്ട്  ഞാൻ പറഞ്ഞു 
മുള്ളിനെ മുള്ളുകൊണ്ട് എടുത്തോളൂ!!
പക്ഷെ, പൂവെന്തിന് പറിക്കണം അതവിടെ നിൽക്കട്ടെ!
കൊഴിയട്ടെ! വീണ്ടും മണ്ണിലൂടെ, വേരിലൂടെ, മൊട്ടായി, പൂവായി വിരിയട്ടെ!
ഒപ്പം മണ്ണിരകൾക്കും ശലഭങ്ങൾക്കും ജീവൻ  നൽകട്ടെ!

(Response to Shaji's haiku: ഇലകൾ ഇളക്കിക്കൊണ്ട് ചെടി പറഞ്ഞു: മുള്ളുകൊണ്ട് ഒരു വിരൽ എങ്കിലും മുറിയാതെ ഒറ്റ പൂവും പറിച്ചെടുക്കരുത്, അപ്പോൾ അതിന് വില ഉണ്ടാവില്ല.)


അപ്പോൾ താനെന്തെടുക്കുകായാണ്?
ഞാനും കൊഴിയുകയാണ് 
ഒപ്പം സടയും ജാടകളും 
മരുഭൂമിയിലെ ഈ തണലിൽ തണുപ്പിൽ 


Heart
When 'He' gets out of heart it becomes art
And when 'art' gets out He becomes artless
Rather, He becomes quite artificial
So in heart, we ought to treat Him with art

And when you 'r' out, it's just heat and no heart!
And heart indeed has an 'ear' which can 'hear'
And it can bring about heal!

What does heart eat; It's nothing but heat




June 8, 2023

Om agni devaya namah

Fire Oh the nature's power

Clear in its trail of terror

Fair to all  men in fear

Fare not does any in 


Fire to lead path to progress

Flavour to food when  it rings

Favour to gods too it brings

For it does away with wrongs


Fire the power of divine

Far not to turn 


And what about that fire my belly


Fire in my heart

Oh how I would 

That I be consued by that fire

That there may no longer remain I

But just FIRE - ever aflame, ever lighted, ever warm

And all purifying! 

Let me be that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment