Wednesday 30 November 2022

A Car for Free - Freedom 0.2 - November 2022

The new car has come

A gift of benevolence

A tool for efficiency

A step closer to sufficiency?


Oh boy, I am free!

Freedom for mobility

Freedom from dependence 

For a bus, for a ride, for a driver

Freedom from waiting 

For a bus, for a ride, for a driver


Oh, for long 5 decades 

And past several places

From this one want I kept me free

Never making it appear a need

Nor feeling the lack of it in-deed


Alas! Now  I too can proudly share 

The global pain  of carbon snare

Not by  saving, but by  adding

As my  own footprint* will planet bear! 


Now that I have this cover

I move about in  power

But realise that I am now dependent

on periodic maintenance

on regualr refuelling 

on parking lots in the busy streets

and on thousands of fellow riders 

whom I should care for not to harm

and whom I should fear for harming me!\

*True - on a regular wokring day, with the car in custody, 40 kms of run (pick up, drop off) saved!

No comments:

Post a Comment