Friday 6 January 2023

ON MARTYR'S DAY - A PRAYER FOR PEACE, THE PLEDGE OF A PLANETER

Pallikutam, January 2023. https://www.pallikkutam.com/views/page.php?headline=a-prayer-for-peace&key=T1RBPQ==


As I stay awake and fast on the martyr's day

As I keep silence against the violence of the day

I wait and 'fight' for a world peace day

As I revere life given up for peace this day!


Peace in the Russians for peace for Ukraine

Peace in the Israelites for peace for Palestine

Peace in the Ethiopians for peace for the Eritreans

And Peace in the Chinese for peace for Taiwan!


Peace in Azerbaijan for peace for the Armenians

Peace in the Iraqis for peace in Kurdistan

Peace in the Talibans for peace in Afghanistan

Peace in the Iranians for peace in Iran


Peace in the Yemenese for peace in Yemen

Peace among the Somalians for peace for the Somalians

Peace in the Congans for peace for the Congans...

And for Libiyans, and for the Sryians


And for the Sudanese and for the Nigerians...

And peace between Pakistan and Hindustan

That peace be in me, that peace be there for many

That peace be there, between earth and me!


I raise my heart in prayer for peace

That strifes may end, and peace may sprout...

As I wait eagerly for the Sidra  I planted to sprout...

That in the desert of hearts there be green shades of grace.. 


And that peoples may seek to live in peace 

And to see the folly to fight for peace

May peace thus sprout, flourish and spread, 

Beginning within me..left and right, and up and down

A - U - AM  PEACE, PEACE, PEACE! 

OM, SHANTI, SHANTI, SHANTI!


No comments:

Post a Comment