Sunday 1 January 2023

To Rajagiri Mentors - On New Year Day 2023

Dear fellow Rajagiri mentors,

As we step into  a new year, I greet you with peace!

  1. 1.     In some religious traditions, January first is celebrated as a feast of the name of God.  I do so. Irrespective of religious affiliations, this is a healthy way,  I feel, to begin the new year - in God’s name! God to guide our thoughts, our paths, our actions and our interactions. Let us leave our worries and concerns into the hands of the Almighty, the Omniscient, the source of all wisdom and goodness. Just for today, I shall not worry.
  2. 2.     Let it begin with the pledge to be grateful, and grateful in the sense of creating circles of goodness around us. I shall show the attitude of gratitude.
  3. 3.     Let us remember our duty to be a parent and wisdom personified, like Mentor to Telemachus.  And let us pledge: I shall do my duties diligently.
  4. 4.     Our resolve to be grateful is to begin with our resolve to be good to all beings, and the pledge would go: Just for today, I shall show respect to all beings, beginning with our colleagues and the precious presences entrusted to us.
  5. 5.     Let us also pledge that in this resolve to be grateful – good – worry-free, let us be careful to avoid hurts and wounds, by pledging ‘not to anger’.  Just for today, I shall not anger.
  6. 6.     I would urge that each of us get inspired by the Mentor role, where Athena, the goddess of wisdom gets personified.  In our effort in being wisdom presences for our mentees let us build up our store of wisdom by regular reading – reading our scriptures, reading that keeps us update with happenings around (newspaper, news-watch). I would recommend for teacher reading for the year the ten thin text books of ‘LIVING IN HARMONY’.
  7. 7.     Finally, as we get our first batch ready to step into the wider world, let us be clear about and  ensure  what Rajagiri brand in Doha would imply.

SaSaluting the Principal and team for deciding to take up global developmental goals for our framework for activities in the coming year, and wishing each of you a fulfilling, greener and more peaceful year ahead,

In Rajagiri fellowship,

Prasant CMI

Academic Director

 

P.S. 1. I have remembered all of you collectively before the source of all wisdom and strength today.

2. This being the international year for millets, I urge you to think seriously about this in our academic discussion and activities as teachers of life-sciences, geography and economics; and also think seriously to substitute your grain intake with millets.  I have begun that today as an experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment